Engagement & Education for Aspiring Municipal Leaders
Each year, the National League of Cities welcomes young leaders from across the country to City Summit to participate in a program designed for youth mentoring and education. Comprised of high school leaders serving in their communities as activists and youth council members, our Youth Delegate Planning Committee has developed this engaging program specifically for youth leaders like themselves.
By participating, you will benefit from…
- Engaging leadership-building opportunities with peers and municipal leaders;
- Social and networking opportunities with fellow youth delegates, mentors and elected officials;
- Opportunities to gain real-world experience through workshops and activities;
- Learning about challenges and solutions from inspiring speakers and presenters, and
- A spotlight on youth voice and youth councils in government.
Youth Program schedule at-a-glance coming soon!
12:00pm – 1:00pm
Youth Delegate Welcome Lunch and Opening Remarks
1:00pm – 1:30pm
1:30pm – 3:00pm
NLC Opening General Session
3:00pm – 4:00pm
4:00pm – 5:15pm
Youth Delegate Workshop #1 – Youth Engagement
9:00am – 10:30am
NLC General Session (with youth speakers)
10:45am – 12:00pm
Youth Delegate Workshop #2 – Mental Health
12:00pm – 12:15pm
12:15pm – 2:00pm
Youth Delegate Luncheon
2:00pm – 3:15pm
Youth Delegate Workshop #3 – Civil Discourse
3:15pm – 3:30pm
3:30pm – 5:00pm
NLC Afternoon General Session
5:00pm – 6:00pm
6:00pm – 8:00pm
Youth Delegate Social Event
(The College Basketball Experience Dinner Provided)
9:00am – 9:30am
Youth Delegate Breakfast
9:30am – 10:45am
Youth Delegate Workshop #4 – Social Entrepreneurship
11:00am – 11:30am
Youth Delegate Closing Session
A Youth Delegate is a high school student, aged 13 through 18, who is engaged in a youth council/advisory board or other civic activity. Please use these other registration categories if you are not a Youth Delegate:
• Students are students in higher education institutions attending the conference for academic purposes.
• Spouse/Guests may include children under the age of 13, typically children of elected officials attending the conference.
• Neither Students nor Guests participate in Youth Delegate activities.