Sign-up to be the first to hear the latest conference announcements!
Vice President of Business Development
Port San Antonio
Marcel Johnson has worked at Port San Antonio since July 2010 and currently serves at the Vice President of Business Development. He previously worked as the Vice President for Economic Development at the Greater San Antonio Chamber of Commerce, where he worked a total of 10 years in a variety of positions. Marcel’s past experiences include working as an independent contractor and owner of MLJ Enterprises where he provided sales and marketing services to San Antonio area businesses; serving as Director of the Americorps Program at the George Gervin Youth Center in San Antonio; and working as a part-time broadcaster at WOAI radio in San Antonio, where he performed live news broadcasts, wrote copy and prepared story packages for weekend news updates.
Marcel is a native of Detroit, Michigan, and has lived in San Antonio for nearly three decades. He majored in Communications and graduated from the University of the Incarnate Word (UIW) with a Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences degree. He also earned a Master’s Degree in Business Administration from the University of Texas at San
Antonio (UTSA). Marcel has been married to Angela McClendon Johnson for nine years, and they are the proud parents of two sons, 7 year-old Nicholas Westbrook Johnson and 3 year-old Preston Westbrook Johnson.
CIVIC/PROFESSIONAL INVOLVEMENT & RECOGNITIONS
- 2015 Member of the Leadership San Antonio Class 40
- 2013 Certified Member, American Association of Airport Executives
- 2012 – Present Board of Directors, Alamo Area Council of the Boy Scouts of America
- 2012 – Present, International Economic Development Council Member
- 2010-11 Chairman of the D.R. Semmes at Tri-Point YMCA Branch Board of Directors
- 2009 American Chamber of Commerce Executives “40 Under 40”
- 2008 San Antonio Business Journal “40 Under 40” honoree
- 2008 Participant in the National Security Forum hosted by the United States Air Force at the Air War College in Montgomery, Alabama
- Case Study in Collaboration: Cyber City San Antonio
Thursday, November 8, 2018 10:00 am Convention Center, Room 502B