Youth Delegate Schedule
Youth delegate activities will begin on Thursday, November 17 and conclude on Saturday, November 19.
The events listed below comprise the events designed specifically for youth delegates (the Youth Delegate track).
Below the Youth Delegate Track, you’ll see Youth Delegate Recommended activities that are open to all conference delegates and may be particularly interesting.
Please be on the lookout for the notification that the conference app is available for download – it will allow you to create a personalized schedule and filter events by track.
Youth Delegate Track
The Conference will provide:
- Interactive leadership-building opportunities;
- Social and networking opportunities with fellow youth delegates, adult allies and elected officials;
- Opportunities to attend workshops and activities;
- Challenging and inspiring speakers and presenters, and
- A spotlight on youth voice and youth councils in government!
Only 250 youth delegates and adult allies can participate in NLC conferences. To maximize the number of youth who can participate, we ask that cities keep as close as possible to a ratio of 1 chaperone for each 4 delegates from their city.
A Youth Delegate is a high school student, aged 13 through 18, who is engaged in a civic activity or youth council.
Chaperones/Adult allies accompany youth delegates throughout the conference, especially during off-site events.
Please contact Laura Furr, Program Manager for Justice Reform and Youth Engagement, at email@example.com or (202)626-3072 with questions.